Sunday, June 14, 2020

June 13, 2020

We saw a local online auction with machinist tools we thought our son might need.  We were outbid on all the tools, but did end up with some things I liked.  There was some household stuff- nice pots and cookware and such.  I was really interested in this old ice box.  I've looked at ice boxes before to put in my kitchen so we bid on this one.  It was in the garage being used to store gardening supplies, and all the stuff in, on, and piled around it came with it.  We threw out quite a bit but did end up with some tools we can use.  I had trouble finding some history on this- most are wood and this one is metal.  I did find an old ad for what I think is this model.  It was originally green, which we saw underneath.  I like the red better so it may end up red when I'm done fixing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment